Bankhead Adventures

10 September 2007

Bake, Baby, Bake

In accordance with our "homemade pizza every Friday" tradition, James often watches Amy make pizza crusts. After many observations, James decided he was ready to try his hand at baking. Undeterred by the fact that he can't reach any of the proper tools or ingredients, he substituted a cooling rack for a cookie sheet, plastic sandwich bags for a rolling pin, and the kitchen rug for a smooth rolling surface. Then he waited. As soon as Amy left the bucket of flour unattended, he pounced. Sadly his dreams of savory pizza crusts, fluffy pastries, or chewy cookies ended right there, and his first attempt at baking ended up, untasted, inside our vacuum.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • That smile wins the cutest ever prize. It was even cuter than the Rosetta Stone I saw today. I guess there's really no competition.

    By Blogger Michelle Glauser, at 12:41 PM  

  • Wow he is so cute! It comes in handy (being cute) when they make big messes like this! I can't believe you make pizza (crust and all) every Friday night! We make pizza every Friday night too... does Digiorno's count?

    By Blogger Em Russ, at 8:38 PM  

  • Good to hear from you, Mrs. Russ. For the record, I'm only sort of crazy: I make 5 crusts at a time and freeze them . . . Although sometimes Digiorno's sounds like a lot less mess.

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:10 PM  

  • That post is hilarious. Good talking to you today. I can't wait for James to be "legal" in nursery.

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:21 AM  

  • Whoa, I can't believe how much James looks like his Uncle Jeff in these priceless pics! Hey I'm trying to implement the Friday pizza thing also - even did half whole wheat flour this time and didn't get any complaints! Now if I could just convince your siblings that little bits of green peppers and mushrooms aren't deadly.

    XOXOXO to you all and throw in a few squeezes for James, too!

    By Blogger lauridawn, at 11:07 AM  

  • Reminder, Mom, that only two of Amy's siblings are there to be convinced of green peppers and mushrooms. We had pizza last night and I kindly deferred having mushrooms or peppers on my side, although I cut them up for my friends. Try adding some Pesto!

    By Blogger Michelle Glauser, at 2:23 AM  

  • 5 crusts at a time? You are amazing. How 'bout posting your recipe for those of us who are not as amazing as you, so we can try to be more like you?? Also- baby #2?? Congrats!

    By Blogger Christie, at 2:52 PM  

  • So Funny!
    Oh, how I miss your pizza, Amy.
    Nothing better than a fresh piece, on the way to Ray Hubbard--those were the days!!!

    By Blogger Jen, at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home