Bankhead Adventures

08 May 2007

Half Moon Bay



On our way to a Cinco de Mayo party in San Francisco, Amy, Paul, and James decided to take the long route and stop at the beach on our way up the coast. Yet again, we were nearly blown away. A protective and innovative father, Paul dug James a huge hole to shield him from the wind and to act as a make-shift play pen. While other fathers might have stopped with a purely functional creation, Paul helped King James feel right at home by lining his wind-proof trench with castle walls molded from our recently purchased sand toys. Nevermind that James promptly smashed the castle features and ate several large handfuls of sand (which have been showing up in his diapers ever since)--we'll consider this trip a success because of some tasty fish and chips and Paul's first sunburn of the summer season.

4 Comments:

  • Wow, that first photo with Paul and the towel should be entered in Parade's American photo contest. Thanks for all your help, Amy and Paul.

    By Blogger Michelle Glauser, at 1:55 PM  

  • Dad asked me to pass on this comment: "Looks like James likes SANDwiches!" Ha ha ha.

    By Blogger Michelle Glauser, at 5:34 PM  

  • Ok, you're right...I think we're soul sisters. I'm also 26 and I love the Indigo Girls too. Finally, I've found my soulmate.

    By Blogger Amy, at 11:57 AM  

  • Ok, wait. Are you Mormon? I think you are. Yeah, me too. Let's move in together.

    By Blogger Amy, at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home