Bankhead Adventures

24 January 2008

Snowshoeing in Yosemite

Friday around noon Amy and Paul decided to go snowshoeing in Yosemite. Five hours later, we were packed and on the road. Lucky for us we picked a gorgeous, sunny weekend. Paul was a trooper, telling stories and inventing games for his wiggly load of James. James gets props for yelling, "I love the trees!" and then taking an hour-long nap while we hiked. And Amy took her fancy new Camelbak on its maiden voyage. Oh yeah, and she hiked the 5 miles while 7 months pregnant.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • awwww, this brings back memories of snowshoeing in Provo Canyon to frozen waterfalls...I'm not a big skier, but I love snowshoeing. Good for you guys!

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:08 PM  

  • Amy you're my hero! Way to be tough. I dream of snow shoeing one day, I've never been. You inspire me to go with baby though--I would never know so much was possible w/o your example, seriously. Also, kudos to Paul for biking to work and for you both for being a one car family! We hope to always and forever be a one car family; there are so, so, so many reasons to do it.

    By Blogger Nations, at 10:17 PM  

  • It looks like it was a gorgeous weekend. Glad you guys had fun. Oh yeah, and Amy I'm not sure you are human. If that doesn't put you into labor early nothing will. I hiked Moab 7 1/2 months pregnant and surprise 1 week later we had Max.

    By Blogger heather, at 8:53 AM  

  • You Rock Amy!!!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 AM  

  • It is astounding to me that you accomplished such a feat while being pregnant. Just amazing.
    Oh, and FYI, I have my book group reading Interpreter of Maladies, thanks to you! -christie

    By Blogger Alan, at 10:44 PM  

  • Go Amy! That's impressive. I can barely walk while I'm pregant, forget doing anything active! No wonder you look so cute!

    By Blogger Em Russ, at 12:09 PM  

  • This is why you are the perfect people! Especially James.

    By Blogger Catherine M., at 5:35 PM  

  • I thought it was just the woman's feet that swelled during pregnancy.

    By Blogger SpyderDoc, at 1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home