Bankhead Adventures

12 July 2007

Yard Work

James and Amy spend some time every day taking care of our backyard, mostly just watering the plants and sweeping webs off the patio furniture. Occasionally, we attempt to clean up after the crazy bougainvillia that sheds all its flowers every six weeks. James loves this because he gets to handle the broom, which is somehow thrilling to the boy, and then he gets to play in a pile of decaying pinks and purples, after which Amy sweeps it all up again.

2 Comments:

  • I think wherever you move to you should pass on the love and plant a bougainvillia. The word bugs me because I don't know how to say it, but it sure is pretty.

    By Blogger Michelle Glauser, at 8:17 AM  

  • Bougainvillea:
    boo-guhn-vil-ee-uh

    Just happens to be my favorite flowering shrub. Doesn't do so well in the Wasatch Mountains. Trust me.

    By Blogger Leenz, at 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home