Bankhead Adventures

30 November 2010

A More Mellow Thanksgiving

We Bankheads have a tradition of camping over Thanksgiving. Two years ago, we were so cold that we cut our trip down from three nights to two. Last year we were so cold we cut our trip from two nights to one. This year we went completely soft and canceled our camping trip all together (rain in the forecast, Amy's pregnant, family here from out of town, blah, blah, blah . . . ). To appease our guilty consciences, we took several day trips instead, hiking with friends around cool local places we hadn't been before, finding big views and a cool swing hanging from an oak tree. We missed camping, but not enough to regret ending each night in the hot tub followed by our own warm beds.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • Congratulations on the upcoming baby, Amy! I really like that picture of the kids in the swing. It's a great angle.

    By Blogger bjahlstrom, at 9:41 AM  

  • The swing picture is so sweet! I'm glad that if you can't be here for Thanksgiving, that you are creating meaningful traditions of your own. Much love!

    By Blogger lauridawn, at 10:39 AM  

  • Looks fun, and congrats on #3! We fully support that kind of "camping". Happy Thanksgiving.

    By Blogger Hammy, at 11:24 AM  

  • It would appear that James didn't really like the idea of a family picture...

    By Blogger Heidika, at 4:52 AM  

  • This is random, but I linked to your blog from Afton's comments and wanted to say congrats on the newest member of the Bankhead crew! Then, when I pulled up the comments here I saw one from my dear friend Brynn Janke Ahlstrom. I met her in hs and worked with her in college (and I think the world of her).

    We're hoping to come on the hike tomorrow, so if we see you don't let me forget to ask you about how you know her :)

    By Blogger Melanie Sharp, at 9:23 PM  

  • good reasons to "go soft." good times.

    By Blogger jamie, at 10:24 PM  

  • That picture turned out so great. That was a great hike-I'm guessing you guys got off easy, but Pete and I both got poison oak-everywhere!

    By Blogger Johnson Family, at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home