Bankhead Adventures

11 December 2007

Well-Read

In the bustle of packing for a trip on Thanksgiving Day (which was also her birthday), Amy neglected to pack any entertainment devices for James during the 8 hours we'd be spending in the car. No books, no toys, no games. Oops. So when the inevitable moment came when James's protests of boredom became more than Paul and Amy could handle, we handed him the National Park Newspaper the ranger had given us at the entrance. Thankfully, he seemed to have gotten over his carsickness and spent the next 45 minutes studiously reading the paper, albeit sideways, occasionally making insightful comments on the articles, such as, "Bear. Tree. Climbing."

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • Priceless! I can't wait to hug that kid!

    By Blogger lauridawn, at 8:59 AM  

  • ok that is soo funny! I'm impressed that he can be so entertained!! What a funny and cute kid. Thanks for the good laugh!

    By Blogger Em Russ, at 9:23 AM  

  • That is hilarious. He is such a funny kid. He may not out grow is fascination with maps. Byron still loves to read maps. Can't wait to see you guys.

    By Blogger heather, at 9:29 AM  

  • Who needs public education when you can educate yourself?

    By Blogger Trulee, at 11:42 AM  

  • Oh Jamesy! I miss you!

    By Blogger Michelle Glauser, at 12:47 PM  

  • I'm pretty sure he is a genius. By the way, I tagged you. (Didn't Catherine tag you too?)

    By Blogger Hammy, at 7:11 PM  

  • I love your posts! James's adventures always bring a smile to me and cheer me up no end. They remind me of all the funny things my boys did, were they really ever that small? it goes too fast!

    By Blogger Scrapbooking Queen, at 9:49 AM  

  • What a coolie. Thanks for sharing these little moments. They help me to notice and appreciate the cuteness of my own kiddos better. I miss James!

    By Blogger Catherine M., at 9:12 PM  

  • your blog cracks me up- love this story and the movie of James in his snow suit!

    By Blogger Emily, at 9:37 PM  

  • The horror. Nothing to entertain the child but a paper. Y'all have produced quite an advanced child. Lulu would have been screaming and whining within minutes. I cannot wait to hear what the "fetus" is accomplishing (by the way... loved the fetus comment on our Christmas card)

    By Blogger TX Girl, at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home