Bankhead Adventures

27 May 2008

I'm a real person!!



We loaded the Phantom Lord carefully into the Nimbus 2000 and went waterskiing for the first time this season. Amy braved the cold and wind and slimy slough water for a waterski run less than 2 months after giving birth. "I just want people to know that you can have kids and still be a real person," she said. Thanks to Gram Gram for taking our kids while we pretended to be real people for an hour!
I would also like to note that despite 20mph winds, our swampy slough location remained skiable thanks to deep banks of earth and layers of protective reeds. Yeah, baby!!

9 Comments:

  • You are amazing! Looks like a dream.

    By Blogger Emily, at 5:56 AM  

  • ok. So I'm still not convinced you're a real person Amy. Super mom might be more fitting!

    By Blogger Em Russ, at 6:44 AM  

  • go Amy!!!!! Having babies never did or will stop Amy!

    By Blogger In Good Company, at 8:51 PM  

  • Way to go Amy!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 PM  

  • So jealous!

    By Blogger Hammy, at 1:34 PM  

  • I hope to pattern myself after you someday (when I become a grown-up).

    By Blogger Leenz, at 12:46 PM  

  • So life does go on after kids huh? You make them sound so much more appealing...but the question is...are you really "real"?

    By Blogger Kara, at 1:41 PM  

  • I used to say that inside every mother is a person trying to get out. I think every parent feels that. I'm glad I could give you an hour or that rare "personhood". Speaking of which, in spite of my current bronchitis, I am realizing that I am living alone. That means, for all parents, that I am a PERSON every hour of every day AND night! I am at that wonderful season when I am so glad I had the chance to be a full time mother for 37 years AND just as excited to be "all by self" for the moment.

    By Blogger "CLUCKY", at 9:22 PM  

  • This post makes me want to cry--I've been missing you 2 so much lately! So glad to see you skiing in California, but wish you were skiing HERE in TEXAS with US. I just have the best memories of our bombardier summer--perfect water, beautiful sunsets, homemade pizza--so much fun.
    Perhaps we can meet up on the water again some day :)

    By Blogger Jen, at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home