Bankhead Adventures

25 November 2007

Bear. Tree. Climbing.



I'd like to complement Amy, James, and myself on an excellent trip to Sequoia and King's Canyon National Park, which started with us seeing this bear climbing a tree 3 feet to the side of the road. I realize this is a lousy picture, but it's not my fault the camera has an auto-focus-on-human-face feature. And just as I was getting ready to adjust the settings and try again, the bear started climbing down the tree and we got scared and drove off. For the rest of the trip, James kept saying "Bear. Tree. Climbing. Bear. Tree. Climbing. Bear. Tree. Climbing . . . ".

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Amy, you're brave. I would have been like: Amy. Car. Home. Amy. Car. Home.

    By Blogger Amy, at 11:58 AM  

  • That is so cool. For a minute I thought it was a little photo shop action. But, no, it's an actual bear. Wow! Amazing you got to see him (or her) up close! ( :

    By Blogger Ron and Julia, at 9:02 AM  

  • Impressive! Glad you got to see it, glad you drove off before seeing it any closer.

    By Blogger Hammy, at 3:40 PM  

  • how thrilling and chilling at the same time! James is such a cute kid.

    By Blogger Amy, at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home